I have signed up with the Donate Life California Organ & Tissue Donor Registry. Please join me in saving and enhancing the lives of thousands of people in need of your help. It took me only a few minutes to sign up —
minutes that could mean years of life for someone else.
To sign up or for more information, please visit http://www.
Here are 6 facts about organ and tissue donation to help you make the decision:
1. More than 100,000 Americans are currently waiting for an organ transplant. It is their only remaining medical option.
2. One person can save eight lives and enhance 50 others through organ and tissue donation.
3. When you are admitted to the hospital the number one priority is to save your life. Two doctors not involved in organ and tissue donation must declare you brain dead before organ and tissue donation can be considered.
4. Anyone can be a potential donor become an organ donor regardless of age, ethnicity, or medical history.
5. All major religions support, or permit organ, eye and tissue donation.
6. An open casket funeral is possible for organ, eye and tissue donors. The body is treated with dignity, care and respect throughout the entire donation process.
Read inspiring Stories of Hope (www.donatelifecalifornia.org/
You have the power to save lives. Sign up today!